What to Do if You’ve Been Injured in a Truck Accident in TampaTampa Bay Legal News
The immense size and weight of a commercial truck dwarfs most other vehicles on the road that are substantially smaller. When a crash between a large truck and another, smaller vehicle happens, the outcome can be catastrophic. Victims can suffer serious injuries and death. The aftermath of a truck accident can mean astronomical losses for victims.
If you were in a truck accident and unsure what to do, an attorney can help. Florida truck accident victims can speak to a Tampa auto accident attorney at Fulgencio Law for more information about filing a claim for compensation.
Steps to Take After a Florida Truck Accident
If you were the victim of a truck accident in Florida, there are certain steps you should take to protect yourself and your interests. These include the following:
- Seeking medical attention for injuries, even those that may initially seem minor, is essential. Your health should be prioritized, and getting appropriate treatment for your injuries quickly can make a difference in your ability to heal and get better. Additionally, shortly after a truck accident, the medical receipts, doctors’ notes, and other medical records can be used as evidence in a personal injury claim.
- Call the local police to report the accident or connect with Florida Highway Patrol.
- Document your truck accident by taking pictures, and videos, and talking to witnesses to get their contact information if they are willing to give a statement about what they saw.
- Exchange information with the truck driver, like contact information and insurance coverage.
- Collect the truck driver’s name as well as the license plate number of the truck.
- Contact your insurance provider to report the accident. The agent you talk to is likely going to ask many questions. Do not discuss fault. Let the insurance adjuster know that your attorney will handle the communications concerning the details of the crash.
- Call a personal injury attorney with specific experience handling complicated truck accident claims. Truck accident claims can be much more complex, with more parties involved, than other vehicular accidents. Working with a professional that knows how to win a truck accident claim is crucial. Trucking companies often have seasoned legal teams protecting them. Having an attorney supporting you can even out the playing field and improve your chances of securing a full recovery.
Remember, even if you have some amount of fault for causing the truck accident, you may still be able to recover compensation due to Florida’s comparative fault system.
Call an Attorney at Fulgencio Law Today
Victims of commercial truck accidents can suffer tremendous losses because truck accidents largely produce devastating and costly damages. Recovering full financial compensation is key. This could happen by way of productive settlement negotiations. Having an attorney that knows how to skillfully negotiate for the most compensation on your side is advantageous. And, if your case does go to trial, your attorney will be able to litigate it in court for the compensation you need and deserve.
After a Florida truck accident, do not delay in scheduling a free consultation with a Florida truck accident attorney at Fulgencio Law by calling (813) 463-0123.