Long Term Effects Of Florida Car AccidentsTampa Bay Legal News
Car accidents are very common in the United States with approximately 6 million occurring each year. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there are more than 30,000 deaths and over 2 million injuries each year from vehicular accidents across the country. Car accidents have a wide spectrum of results. Some will only yield minor damages to personal property and may only have negligible injuries while others are complete devastation. Victims who are involved in very serious accidents can have lifelong problems as a result of that one traumatic incident. Victims of car accidents in any capacity have rights that deserve to be protected, and to do so in the state of Florida, it is important to have a knowledgeable Tampa car accident attorney to examine your case and provide you the guidance to move forward from your accident.
Physical Outcomes Of Car Accidents
Many injuries occur after an accident has taken place and these too can have a wide range of severities. The length of time for recovery from injuries can be as short as a couple of days to as long as years. For some, the injuries suffered may last a lifetime and require sustained medical treatment and even the help of daily professional assistance to live one’s life as normally as possible.
Some of the most common physical injuries that take place after an accident include:
- Bruises, lacerations, cuts, and scrapes can make for some of the least serious injuries one can sustain but that still doesn’t mean they don’t come without their own challenges. Deeper lacerations will take much longer to heal than bruises or shallow cuts. In general, these injuries won’t have many longer-lasting effects other than the potential of scarring.
- Broken bones can be minor or severe depending on the type of break that has occurred as well as the location that of the break. Some breaks can simply be cast and heal on their own while others require healing with physical therapy just to be able to have use of the affected limb.
- Whiplash is frequently seen in accident victims because of the momentum and force an accident takes on the neck, shoulders, head, and spine. It can have residual symptoms that may last for days or years including chronic dizziness, headaches, imbalance, and vision issues.
- Concussions have been studied more so in recent years due to their prevalence in sports injuries and it has been shown that these are much more damaging and dangerous then they were once thought to be. It takes a couple of weeks to recover from a concussion but depending on the severity of the concussion and if the victim has suffered concussions in the past, recovery can take a much longer period. Concussions may also lead to other negative consequences that persist throughout the victim’s life.
- Paraplegia is damage that takes place in the spine and when paralysis results the victim will need specialized lifetime care, treatment, and medical equipment to function in their daily lives.
Monetary Impact Of Car Accidents
Accidents have many ways that they can be a financial weight including increased insurance rates, higher deductibles, increased medical expenses, lost wages, and damaged personal property. This is why anyone who is involved in a car accident at the hands of a negligent party must obtain effective legal representation. An aggressive Tampa personal injury lawyer at Fulgencio Law will fight on your behalf to help you see the highest amount of compensation for your injuries and damages.
No accident victim should have their health put at further risk because they can’t pay for their medical treatment after an accident or have to have their lives depleted because of the inability to work and pay their bills. If you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault, you deserve to obtain compensation. Don’t hesitate to call Fulgencio Law at (813) 463-0123 to set up a free consultation with a Tampa car accident attorney today.