How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Attorney in TampaTampa Bay Legal News
Hopefully, there will never be a time when you need to consult with a personal injury attorney. However, considering how often unintentional injury accidents happen, it is possible that you will find yourself in a situation where you suffered physical bodily harm and other damages as a result of another party’s negligence. In this situation, it may be in your best interest to speak with an attorney and have your accident situation evaluated. You may be able to secure financial compensation for your harm, and an attorney improves the chances you have to get the most possible.
If you were injured in a slip and fall event, suffered an injury from medical malpractice, or were hurt in a car accident in Florida, then the Tampa personal injury attorneys at Fulgencio Law are the personal injury attorneys you want on your side fighting to protect your interests. You can connect with Fulgencio Law after your injury accident to learn more about how the personal injury claims process works in Florida and what your claim is worth.
Choosing a Personal Injury Attorney for Your Case
Personal injury events like car accidents, for example, can leave a victim with substantial losses, so obtaining full compensation is essential. But, even in cases where there are minor damages, it is still just as crucial that a victim be compensated for the harm they had to endure.
As a civil action, a personal injury claim can account for all of the losses like medical expenses, missed wages, pain and suffering, and more that were inflicted upon a victim. Financial compensation from a successful personal injury claim is meant to make a person whole again after their accident. While money may never make up for significant adverse life changes, it can help pay for the expenses that come with these new realities. For example, if a person will require long-term medical treatment and care and, as a result, be unable to work and earn an income, a fair settlement from a personal injury claim can account for these costs.
Of course, while having an attorney improves a victim’s chances of securing the maximum recovery, not just any attorney will do. You need the right attorney for your circumstances, and some important considerations when looking for a personal injury lawyer include:
- Experience. An attorney’s experience can be related to their ability to either have a thorough understanding of the personal injury claims process and how to win versus a new attorney that is just getting their feet wet.
- What type of law does the attorney practice? If you were injured in a car accident, then you want a personal injury attorney that specializes in car accidents. By contrast, you would not want an attorney that only has a history of handling medical malpractice or an attorney that specializes in business law.
- An attorney that has been successful litigating in the courtroom is important as well because while most cases do not go to court, in the event yours does, you want an attorney who has significant trial experience.
- Take note of communications. An attorney that is easy to speak to and who you can relate to, and who also responds to you promptly is critical. You want an attorney who is dedicated to helping you and securing optimal results on your behalf.
- Determine what pay structure the attorney has. Typically personal injury attorneys will offer free initial consultations to review cases. Many will also work on a contingency basis, meaning if they take your case, you do not pay until they win your case for you.
Speak with an Attorney at Fulgencio Law Today
The seasoned and caring Tampa personal injury attorneys at Fulgencio Law welcome you to call today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case at (813) 463-0123.