Helping Your Child Through Catastrophic Injury AccidentsTampa Bay Legal News
There are many ways that people can be hurt and suffer great physical bodily harm. Truck accidents, catastrophic car crashes, medical mistakes, defective products, and more. Everyone has their own way to deal with adversity and difficult life challenges and where some can overcome setbacks like serious injuries, others may have a harder time in these situations. But adults, with a mature mind and more advanced coping skills, are likely going to be able to manage a cataclysmic experience much better than a young child in the same situation would.
If your child was injured in an accident in Florida, you may be able to file a claim for compensation on their behalf. The medical expenses, property damages, emotional distress, and more could be compensable. Every state has its own rules with respect to how fault works and what rights victims have to obtain the compensation they need for their losses. This is why it is important to speak to a qualified legal professional who has experience with such matters to get a better understanding of your rights and legal options. The Tampa personal injury attorneys at Fulgencio Law welcome you to schedule a time to meet and discuss your accident experience.
How You Can Help Your Child cope with Catastrophic Injuries
Children have to work through their trauma just like adults do. And how they process everything can differ from one child to the next. There are things that parents and caretakers can do to help children manage trauma. Some helpful tips include:
- Talk with your child as much as possible to see how they are.
- Listen when your child wants to talk to you and foster an open and comforting environment where they feel heard and supported.
- Talk with your child’s school about your child’s situation so you can help them keep up with their studies but not overwhelm them as they are healing and trying to recover.
- Try and resume old routines or create new ones to keep your child’s day more predictable. This can help create stability and balance which can help put them at ease.
- If your child is exhibiting certain signs like withdrawing from social engagement or their favorite activities, their mood is altered, or if they are having difficulty eating and sleeping they may be having a very hard time internally. A call or visit to the pediatrician can be beneficial here.
Speak with Florida Personal Injury Attorney Today
The physical bodily harm that a serious injury can have may be immense, but the emotional scarring and damage that a child may have secured could be even more substantial. This type of pain and suffering could be permanent and affect your child for the rest of their life. Extensive psychological therapy and counseling may be necessary to help your child manage everything as healthily as possible.
After an injury accident, it is critical to get the most compensation from your injury claim. To learn more about what you can do, please call the Tampa personal injury lawyers at Fulgencio Law today to schedule a free consultation at (813) 463-0123.