A motor vehicle accident can dramatically alter the course of your life in just a matter of moments. Often, injuries sustained as a result of a car accident can be catastrophic, and require extensive, long-term medical attention in order to ensure a full recovery.
Engaging competent legal counsel to fight for your rights when you have been a victim of negligence, whether in an automobile, motorcycle, boat or bicycle accident can significantly increase your chances of a fair recovery.
It is important that you hire legal counsel when you have suffered an injury as a result of an accident. In fact, often, the sooner you hire legal counsel, the better. At Fulgencio Law, we will offer a free initial consultation to evaluate your case, either via phone or in person.
At Fulgencio Law, we are familiar with the common strategies used by insurance companies to try to reduce or deny meritorious claims. Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be entitled to recover damages for:
- Medical costs and expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages and opportunity to work
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
Our law firm will work with a team of investigators and experts, including medical professionals, accident reconstruction experts, and economists, who will analyze your case in order to prove the other driver was at fault and to prove the true value of your damages. If you chose to hire our firm, we will focus a our energy on pursuing your fair compensation so that you can devote your energy to what is truly important – recovering from your injuries.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, please contact Fulgencio Law today to schedule your free consultation. We serve clients in and around the Tampa Bay area and other surrounding counties. We often accept cases other lawyers will not accept.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A MOTORVEHICLE ACCIDENT
- Call the police: even if you do not believe the parties involved in the accident are injured, call the police, and file a report. Accident reports are necessary in order to determine who was at fault for an accident, and to identify the names of witnesses and parties involved.
- Make sure the report is accurate and complete: the police officer often will not fill out every section of the report. The report should have all sections filled out, including diagrams of the accident and the scene.
- Take pictures of the damage to the vehicles: cameras are prevalent in cell phones these days. If you have been in an accident, make sure you photograph the damage caused to the vehicles, and if the air bags deployed, take photos of them as well. These can be extremely helpful down the road.
- Get the names and phone numbers of the witnesses: if the police officer does not get the names of the witnesses, you should.
- Seek medical attention as soon s possible: any claims you make for damages resulting out of your car accident will depend on the medical records that link the accident to the injuries you suffered. The more time between your accident and the treatment, the harder it will become to prove they are connected. Getting a doctor within a week is common, but same day is ideal. Even if you do not believe you are injured, it is important to receive medical attention to rule out any potential problems that may be silently developing. Some injuries do not show up, or at not felt immediately after an accident. Common injuries include, among others, whiplash, head and brain injury, paralysis, neck and back pain, ruptured disks, and injuries to the elbows, shoulders, wrists, ankles and knees.
- Call an attorney before you speak with the insurance company’s adjuster: even if you are making a statement to your own insurance company, call legal counsel before you speak with the insurance company. Often, your insurance company may not be looking out for your best interests and instead place priority on profit over people. This advice also applies to interaction with the insurance provider of the party at fault. Your attorney will also answer your questions about how you can get your medical bills paid, or how you can get your car fixed.
FINDING A CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN TAMPA
If you have been injured in an auto accident, please call Fulgencio Law at 813.463.0123 for a free consultation.