7 Actions to Take After a Slip and Fall AccidentTampa Bay Legal News
Slip and fall accidents happen with high frequency and can often have devastating and even deadly results. If you think falls just result in bumps and bruises, they can, but they can also cause major injuries and death. Slip and fall incidents can be incredibly dangerous and have long-term health implications for victims.
In the state of Florida, just like is the case in many states across the country, property owners must maintain their property and make sure that it is safe. There is an expected duty of care that property owners have to provide the public with an environment that is reasonably free of dangers. If a person lawfully enters onto property whether it be a store, a home, a business, or other location, and they slip and fall because of a hazard present, they may be able to take legal action to obtain compensation for their damages.
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident in Florida
Like other personal injury cases, slip and fall claims can secure victims the highest settlement when there is ample supporting information and evidence. After a slip and fall accident in Florida, these steps can help a victim obtain the compensation they need for the harm they suffered.
- See a medical professional to have your injuries examined and diagnosed. Then follow the doctor’s orders that could include taking the medication prescribed, scheduling procedures, and partaking in therapy sessions. If your injuries do not require emergency treatment, it is still a good idea not to wait to seek medical attention and see a doctor sooner than later.
- Inform the property owner or manager about your incident and ask them if they will file a report. Also, ask for a copy of that report. If they do not file a report, then write down the details of your accident and send it to the property owner in the mail.
- Do not throw anything away. Whether it is notes written by your doctor, bills for medical appointments and treatment, correspondence with the property owner, or other relevant data that has to do with your slip and fall accident it is important to keep and compile it all.
- If witnesses exist and are willing to give a statement, then speak to them about obtaining their contact information. If they consent to make a statement at the scene of the incident, you can record what they have to say using your phone.
- Take photos of the environment.
- Insurance for businesses and homeowners exists for a reason. If you are injured in a slip and fall incident on a property, you have the right to pursue compensation.
- Do not talk to an insurance adjuster without legal representation. The best situation for an insurance adjuster is to have a victim speak to them without legal counsel. If you live in Tampa, Fulgencio Law has the Tampa slip and fall lawyers that can protect your rights and help you secure maximum recovery from your injury claim.
Speak to a Tampa Injury Attorney Today
There can be considerable expenses that come after a slip and fall accident. If injuries are substantial, a victim may have to manage physical ailments for the rest of their life. If you suffered harm from a slip and fall incident, call the Tampa personal injury lawyers at Fulgencio Law to schedule a free consultation at (813) 463-0123.