6 Reasons Why Using an Attorney After a Dog Bite Injury Is EssentialTampa Bay Legal News
Dog bites happen frequently and for many different reasons. Every single day there are approximately 1,000 Americans that have to seek emergency treatment because of a serious and excruciating dog bite. In the most severe cases, hospitalization is necessary and sometimes these injuries result in death. Each year it is estimated that more than 14,000 people are hospitalized as a result of being attacked by a canine.
Sometimes a person who is bit has antagonized a dog with malice and that is why the dog attacked. However, if a dog attacked you by no fault of your own, you may be able to secure compensation for your damages. Often, the owner of the dog’s homeowners’ insurance would be the coverage you would file a claim against.
There are several steps to take when you decide to file a claim. While you are not legally obligated to use a lawyer if you choose to, there are several advantages to working with an attorney. If you live in Tampa, FL, the Tampa dog bite attorneys at Fulgencio Law can assist you with your claim.
Top Reasons Why a Dog Bite Attorney is Useful When Filing a Claim
Managing your injuries while learning about dog bite laws in Tampa and gathering the important information necessary to build a successful claim can be a lot to handle. Working with an attorney is never a guarantee of a specific outcome but statistically, it does greatly improve your chances of winning your claim and getting a fair and true settlement for your damages.
After a dog bite injury in Tampa, the following reasons detail why partnering with a dog bite attorney can be worth your while.
- Many injury attorneys, including those that specialize in dog bite injuries, work on a contingency basis. This means that your attorney will be focused on winning your case because they will not get paid unless you do.
- Attorneys know the local and state dog bite ordinances and laws so you do not have to spend the time looking at them and doing the research to figure out what your legal options are.
- Attorneys understand the dog bite injury claim process and what is needed to build a successful claim. They can both guide you on the information you need to gather and assist you in collecting it.
- An attorney can review all of your current damages and those that you may have to deal with in the future. When assessing a dog bite injury claim, an experienced Tampa injury attorney will know how to fairly value your claim. Your attorney will be able to identify all damages including non-economic like pain and suffering, or economic like medical expenses.
- An attorney can manage communications with the insurance adjuster which can protect your rights. Also, your attorney will be a seasoned negotiator that will know how to counter any tactics the adjuster uses to minimize your settlement.
- If your case goes to trial, your legal counsel will be ready to litigate your case in court.
Speak with a Tampa Dog Bite Injury Attorney Today
When the injuries and harm you suffered are minimal, you may be able to talk and work things out with a dog owner regarding your medical expenses. Although, when the injuries and trauma are substantial, getting the full amount of compensation owed can be much harder to do. Contact a Tampa dog bite injury lawyer at Fulgencio Law today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your dog bite case at (813) 463-0123.